There are a few technologies that change living conditions. Possibly two significant changes were made in the 20th century that entirely altered the way of life: Electricity and the Internet. Now, we have Artificial Intelligence in the 21st century. AI will engender massive growth, changing the way people view technology.
To understand what AI is, we define it in simple terms: Artificial Intelligence (AI) allows machines to interpret and interact with the world in a way that we humans perceive and do. (Machines must have human intelligence sooner or later, and allow rational reasoning just like we human beings do). To be more accurate and smooth, offering human-like computer skills related to seeing, thinking, hearing, and listening.
Artificial intelligence is everywhere, just everywhere. Yes, you’ve read that correctly. Traditionally, since they are applications specific to robots, machine-human level interactions, and others, Artificial Intelligence has conquered these areas and has emerged to be applied in all sectors and domains. From finance to education, from agriculture to governance; Artificial Intelligence is used everywhere, in every sector of the country/globe, and has emerged as one of the most established and trending domains in the field of Information Technology / Computer Science.
Although more generalized AI systems have not yet been developed, specific techniques have been built and developed that are automated to plan, process, implement and generate some successful output for users or consumers using the system. Based on market research and surveys, it was predicted that last year was a great year for AI. There were several advances made, some of which were:
- AlphaGo (a game developed by Google’s DeepMind team).
- The Tesla Autopilot feature of the Vehicles.
- Microsoft AI (Understanding speech better than humans).
- Medical improvement (many improvements were recorded in cancer diagnosis in 2016).
- AI and Cloud Computing Platform integration.
Various other advances were made in 2016, establishing it as an excellent year for all those that expected to see developments in this field. Keeping track of these advancements, several AI-based StartUps came up with some great ideas and minds.
The question here is how to bridge the gap between humans and machines?
The question seems thoughtful to naive users and novices, but don’t worry. It’s a simple answer. When machines have the skills that we humans possess, that is, to think, to reason, to listen, to speak, and to perceive, devices will be human best friends.
Many technologies, such as machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, neural networks, computer vision, and many more, can achieve the following human-like capabilities. Once they’re fed into the machines to generate something, it’ll change the way people think and see how the technology works and how machines work.
Just imagine for a moment that you need to check whether to report, but without clicking any buttons and finding anything, your phone is talking to you and telling you, “It’s going to rain, you ‘d better take the Umbrella.” Or, “The weather is nice and sunny; you can wear light and comfortable clothes.”
For example, think you ‘re on a family vacation. You own a significant industry, and you don’t want it to be close to you for the holiday season. So what are you going to do, by which you go on holiday, and the industry also works and generates output? You don’t want labor to get the charge right, Na. So smart machines are coming into the picture. You program them so that, for a week, the machine should generate output with the parameters you fixed.
Another example is that you drive a car and suddenly you get a phone call. You have to get to a meeting urgently so you can’t stop the car, but you cannot ignore the call either. In such cases, Autonomous Vehicles are shown (Tesla Autopilot, as mentioned above, Google Car and others are a few examples of autonomous vehicles). Just press the button, the car will be driven automatically at a minimum speed, and it will also take care of directions, turns, and other things.
Given the above examples, it is clear that yes, the 21st century is all about developments and developments in the field of artificial intelligence. Let us first see the advantages and disadvantages of AI in bridging the gap between machine-human interactions.
- Machines don’t get tired. The output generated is 100 percent.
- Less reliable at times (not in all cases) as knowledge extraction requires in-depth field expertise and appropriate resources.
- The accuracy by which the output is produced is much higher than that of humans.
- An infinite number of resources can be integrated into a single system as a whole. (This makes the system more reliable and more efficient).
- Faster than humans in processing (when reasoning is fed to machines).
- No emotional attachment to machines. (There’s not going to be a device feeling bad if you say something to it).
- No bounds of time. The machine operates with the same efficiency and accuracy for 24X7 and 365 days.
- Cost of initial setup.
- Few systems based solely on human reasoning and cognition.
- If machines were to take over humans, it would be destructive.
- It is challenging to serve the cognition of the human brain to the machine for rational and logical purposes.
Following on from what AI can do to machine-human interaction, the examples associated with it, their advantages and disadvantages, let me brief you on the trends of AI in 2017. They ‘re:
- The AI Boom of China.
- Learning the natural language (Ability to understand human speech and language).
- Deep Learning and Deep Neural Networks (Related to Human cognition and Machine Learning).
- Professional services AI (Go digital by implementing AI-based systems).
- Marketing AI (Market your brand with AI).
- The relationship between AI and Cloud and AI with VR / AR (Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality).
Mountainise Inc. is a progressive AI-based marketing agency that uses the powers of AI. We use the best AI-based marketing tools to ensure the most optimal results from all aspects of your marketing strategy. However, we describe what AI can do to machine-human interaction, examples associated with it, their advantages and disadvantages, but if you have any further concerns or need assistance, please feel free to contact us!